Sunday, April 14, 2013

Challenge: Getting Organized With A Bowl Full of Lemons

The current state of our home is mid move chic. There are boxes from when I moved out from my mom's, and boxes from when my fellow and I moved in together, and boxes from our move into our new house . . . 18 months ago.

We have two of things that we don't use, and do use, and might use one day. We have sheets that don't fit on any of our current beds, two cats and two big dogs that like destroy things that then I like to think I can fix one day. In fact, I have an entire room dedicated to things I am going to make and fix one day. Every room is a big project with more stuff in it than we need or can use.

I dance, so even clothes I won't wear to work or on weekends, I keep "for a costume". We have books we've never read, furniture we can't use, and more posters, pictures, and art than we have walls for.

It is all very overwhelming and suffocating. I come home and want to be creative, but just walking into my "creative space"makes me tense and 9 out of 10 times I flee the scene of the clutter crime. Something has to change, and when I saw the challenge by A Bowl Full of Lemons to organize your home in 21 days, I knew I had to give it a go. I'm a drowning woman and this is my attempt at pulling driftwood together to make a raft.

Now, I do not have 21 consecutive days to organize my home, but I do have need and anticipation, which will get me at least into day 7. After that I have the commitment of having posted my intentions on here, which will hopefully help with the rest of it. I'm going to take this challenge in the spirit it was meant for, and do a challenge each day that I am able to until the very last "day".



So deep breath in, deep breath out, and let's do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment